About Me

GR8LAKES at BLOGSPOT is a peek into the most to-be-memorable year of my life.. Also, hopefully it would be a suggested read to a prospective management student one day :))

Tuesday 12 April 2011

Butterflies in my Stomach

It's the 13th day of April, and I am only 4 days away from my first day at Great Lakes. The butterflies in my stomach, are flapping their wings so hard, that I can feel them with the pounding of my heart!!


It's a concoction of feelings, waiting to release! The MBA which was to happen one fine day, is now  knocking at my door. The excitement to meet the Spartans at college, the longing to be seated at a 75 seater classroom  <with my nameplate proudly sitting right beside me>, the thrill to meet and greet and hopefully much more with the guests and faculty makes me want to run all the way on the ECR to the campus. All right, those were a couple of goodie goodie things and like every thing that is complementary by nature, I cannot stop visualizing those long nights only with my textbooks and a bottomless coffee, or can i say long days which make you feel that the night never arrived. I am not too bogged down though; my heartfelt gratitude to Zuckerboy. The virtual exchanges with the Spartans over Facebook fills me with the hope of a great not so bumpy start and makes me feel part of the family that we are to be :) 


Packing all my bags, the last minute visits to the local shops, filing all my documents and being wished by all makes me feel like I am going on a planet-saving mission. But I just cannot ask for more - back to college after a little less than a decade grabs the sheen away from everything else. 


My butterflies are waiting to FLY............

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful start... the butterfly within needs to relax... life is about discovering new horizons, let it fly and taste life... take it higher,higher, higher off the ground :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. best of luck on your new journey!
    JGD!
    -Sanchit
    stanimationink.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sanchit, JGD :)

    Thanks Shashwat - U've inspired the tiny little writer within :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ur first line sounds like Friday the 13th... :) wonderful compilation altogether...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good start.. Simple, clear and nice :)You have the ability to make people feel your writing.. The below lines did that..
    "The excitement to meet the Spartans at college, the longing to be seated at a 75 seater classroom . . ... ."

    n yes, back to college is real fun.. don't miss it.. great start.. looking forward to more :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Arjun - and guess what, am a friday the 13th so it just had to be this way!!

    Thanks Anand. Looking forward to every little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It definitely is a Planet saving mission for everyone..! A planet called Planet ME...:d

    ReplyDelete
  9. good start and hope there are many more to come from u and co-Spartans!!

    ReplyDelete